Monday 26 November 2012

Barbican








The Barbican Centre visit

We visited the Barbican Centre as part of our "39 Steps..." assignment. It was an interesting experience to make our way through many different levels of  floors and mezzanines. How many were there?   We possibly wouldn't have enough time to find out. I grew up surrounded by similar to Brutalist style  buildings in my native country Slovakia, but it was the first time I've stopped and appreciated this controversial architecture. Why I have not payed enough attention to this before? I guess it is because I've always felt very comfortable with simple shaped buildings without ornamental distraction.   We all found the tour and the talk very inspiring and we hope this experience will be reflected in our projects.

         

 

 

 














No comments:

Post a Comment